- I've always wanted to try out a blog and this seemed the right time to do so.
- I want to practice my writing. Whether I write speculative fiction or science articles more practice is always better.
- I know a lot of people have misconceptions or faulty understanding of science, this is one way I can help alleviate that.
- I read plenty of speculative fiction and feel that I can help the scifi/fantasy community with my input.
- Sometimes I want to talk about certain things, but feel that a tweet or Facebook/Google+ post is sometimes not enough.
- Now that I'm exploring the world of Data Science, this blog serves as a place for me to describe my projects
What will be featured here?
Now that I'm moving into Data Science, I intend to present some of my hobby projects and code. I may still present astronomy articles, as that is what my PhD is on. I worked on studies of young stars, circumstellar disks, planets, and brown dwarfs so I have a diverse set of interests. I've also done some extragalactic and geophysics research in the past.
In addition, I also want to cover one of my favorite hobbies- reading. I read a lot of science fiction and fantasy and feel that I can do a decent job on writing a short review of what I've read. If I can link research and reading together, that would be great and I'm sure many sci-fi aficionados will enjoy that.
I'm now back in the United States after living abroad in Chile for 4 years. New York City is a very different experience, so I may write about that as well.
How frequently will I post?
I aim to post at least once or twice a month, depending on my work load on what's going on in life. My previous goal of once a week was sustainable only for a short while.
Anonymous comments are enabled on all posts. These are semi-moderated. By that I mean that on new articles comments will go up immediately, but if I see them as offensive, off-topic, spam, or similar, I will delete them. Comments on old articles will always be moderated and will not immediately appear.